Skip to main content

Synopsis Collection: The Love Less Ordinary!


“Are u sure you don’t want anything else Mr.Rajiv?” asks a disinterested Sheena. “No, thanks that will be all! BTW are u free this evening?” replies Rajiv. “How abt u complete ur painting Rajiv? And next time please pls don’t ask me any such thing!” replies Sheena. “Come on Sheena, we are neighbours as well. Why so cold?” asks Rajiv. “Thank u for providing me with some business Rajiv! U may leave!” says Sheena and leaves Rajiv at the counter of her paint and stationery shop to settle other things in her store. Rajiv is perplexed and leaves.
Back at her one bedroom apartment, we are introduced to Sheena and her daily life. She reaches her house, unwinds herself, contemplates, speaks to her mother who keeps requesting her to meet boys for her marriage and she replies to it by saying “I’m 40 ma, I am not getting married after that.” and as soon as she says this, there is a knock on her door and it is Rajiv. “So what are your plans for today evening since you are back early Sheena Ji??” asks Rajiv grinning. “Rajiv what do you want?” asks Sheena with exhaustion on her face. “Nothing! Just came to ask your well-being.” Replies Rajiv and he leaves.
A few days later, Sheena is cleaning her store and “Sheena” comes a voice and continuing her work she says, “Ms.Sheena” and then turns and asks, “How can I help u?” to Mr.Shorey, a businessman, who says, “Can you please provide me with a huge canvas, the best box of paints and brushes and a picture of yours which I want to paint.” Dumbstruck at this request, Sheena reprimands to him saying how dare he could do such a thing and ridicules him  which makes him leave her shop.
That evening, she shares her disgust with her mother who tells her to enjoy the moment of attention from a single rich man. Sheena is pissed at this and shouts at her mother which makes Rajiv come into his apartment. “Can I offer you a cup of coffee, Sheena? U look stressed.” Asks Rajiv, a bit scared. 
Sheena smiles. Rajiv goes back to being his usual self. “So aunty again asked you to get married?” asks Rajiv. “Well yes! Actually Rajiv it’s just that an arrogant stubborn man came into my store and he asked me for painting types of equipment and a picture of mine.” Replies Sheena. “Woah! So many guts! Impressive. I want to meet this man.” Says Rajiv. “Sure. Why not! He is Shorey, that flirt builder.” Replies Sheena. “And u said no to him!” exclaims Rajiv. “Well yes, I hate such type of men.” Says Sheena. “U know what, u r crazy Sheena!” says Rajiv commandingly. “That’s why u r the only person I can trust beyond doubt. U have the same craziness as me.” She replies. And they share the coffee.
A few days later, Sheena returns home and finds a gift outside her door. She picks it up and walks in. It has a specific style of greeting on it that makes it very hard for her to believe. She calls up a phone number but to no avail. She opens it to find that it is just a simple plain painted canvas. She gets worried. She immediately leaves her house and sees that Rajiv is entering the building. Rajiv greets her but she doesn’t respond and hurriedly calls an auto and leaves somewhere. She goes to a house in a low-grade vicinity but does not find anyone there. Instead, she picks up a photo frame and keeps it close to heart. She returns home and sees another similar canvas painted with the same style of greeting. She is dismayed and weeps as she looks at the picture. Rajiv enters and sees her in tears and like a good friend, sits down with her and they start a conversation.
“Rajiv there is one thing I have never told anyone about, not even my mother. And I am sharing this with you. You see there that I have got another canvas with the same style of salutation as the previous one and the style of salutation could only be done Sahil, someone I had imagined to spend my life with.” Says Sheena.
“Where is he? What happened then? Asks Rajiv innocently. “Sahil is no more in this world. My brothers killed him.” Replies Sheena. She continues, “That is the reason I left the house. Came here. Took a loan and started my own shop.” “But why did they kill him?” asks Rajiv. Sheena hands over the photo frame she is holding to Rajiv and says “Sahil was an enunch.” And Rajiv is dumbstruck.

                                     
        

“But Sheena how could you love Sahil? I mean generally, people meet in colleges, restaurants and then fall in love. Where did you meet Sahil?” asks Rajiv. “I met Sahil at a friend’s daughter’s ceremony some 5 years ago. Initially, he was a very snob behaving as if he was Mr.Shorey but later on I spotted him at another friend’s ceremony and naturally this time I started the conversation. Talking to him, I found him to be a very positive person who just intends to make an impact of his own. Time passed and we became friends, better friends and it barely took me time to realize that I really had fallen for him. And then, he started sending me letters, whose font style was very different from others. And since yesterday I have been receiving these painted canvases, God knows why. Surprisingly, the style of salutation happens to be Sahil’s. And I don’t know why Rajiv but I think it’s Shorey who is behind all this.” Sheena says. “Sheena, why do you think that the style is Sahil specific? Let me have a look” asks Rajiv. “Sheena hands the greeting over to him. “Sheena, it’s not a difficult task to interpret this greeting. Anyone can!” replies Rajiv. “So, it means Shorey can, as well.” Replies Sheena.
Sheena observes sadness behind Rajiv’s happy face and asks him. “Rajiv what’s happened. I can easily see the sadness behind your happy face, tell me what’s it?”  “I am officially divorced now, Sheena.” Replies Rajiv. “U were married Rajiv?” asks Sheena. “Yes, but was separated for the past 8 months. Since we never spoke of love before today, we never brought up the topic.” Replies Rajiv. “Why did you end up getting divorced Rajiv?” asks Sheena. “I was married to Cynthia, a friend and the daughter of a wealthy businessman. I was in love with someone else, but then under her father’s pressure and her obsession for me, I had to marry her. Someone has rightly said, that when you bring a girl to your house, you should always love, respect her because she left her family just to be with you. I know that this is important but then we had no story to start with. I was married under pressure to someone who was obsessed for me. I actually wanted to get rid of Cynthia so that is the reason I treated her in an alienated fashion. Soon enough, she got upset and sent me a divorce notice which I gladly signed. But losing a friend always hurts Sheena.”
“So who do u love now Rajiv?” asks Sheena. “Sheena, u will soon know. That is the biggest hint I will give you.” Replies Rajiv and Sheena also doesn’t press him further.
The next day Sheena storms into Shorey’s office and shouts, yells at him for sending those paintings and that salutation. Shorey says he has no idea about those greetings nor the painting. Sheena alleges him of treachery with people and also accuses him of holding back Sahil. Since Sahil was quite a popular social activist type of a person, he was popular in the city. Shorey laughs it off and says “ Such a**h**** were rightly beaten to death They deserve that dog-type of a death. They are nothing more than a shame to society.” And saying this he asks Sheena to leave his office. Back home, Sheena finds a stack of canvases outside her door and one final salutation.
She knocks Rajiv’s door but to no reply. She takes the stack inside and reads the final salutation, “ Dear Sheena, I tried a lot but could not restrain myself. I have always loved sending you the salutations u could have never imagined. It was me who taught Sahil calligraphy and knew you even before you shifted. I tracked you down after Sahil’s death and here I was to look after you. It was me who all this while sent you these canvases and once you join all of these canvases together, you will realize who I loved. What initially started off as the role to keep my brother’s word could turn into my own love for you. I would be doing treachery with my brother if I asked you out so that is why I am writing it down. Sheena, I love you, hope that you acknowledge the love I have for u. Your friend, Rajiv.”  Sheena then recalls all the incidences and realizes that all this while, the person who she shared things with was Sahil’s brother. And then she opens the paintings and joins them together to find that they form her face. She simply smiles and next we see, Sheena rising for the enunch community just like Sahil and somewhere from within the crowd we see Rajiv dressed up as an enunch cheering the one he loves- Sheena.

Anticipated Cast:

Sheena: Vidya Balan
Rajiv: Ranveer Singh
Sahil: Rajkummar Rao
Mr Shorey: Ranvir Shorey

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Qissa Controversy Ka: SSR and Nepotism!

14th June 2020. Bandra West, Mumbai. It has been 12 days since Sushant Singh Rajput has left the world. We accept it or not but, his death has impacted us to a great extent more than any other death in the film fraternity. There are uncountable  rumours  regarding his death and it is really shameful that it took a Death to realize the roots of Nepotism and Favourites that run in this industry! In the blog post, I would just like to share some radical views about the statements and the controversies that evolved  after his death.                                JUDGEMENTALITY:  Probably after the Nepotism debate, the most talked-about reason for his suicide is the Rhea Chakraborty And Mahesh Bhatt angle. Just because intimate pictures between Mahesh and Rhea have started doing rounds on the internet, the public has come to the conclusion (let alone an assumption) that there is something brewing between the two. Well, it is very obvious that the partner/spouse is suspected in that case

Sushant Singh Rajput: An Inspiration and a Legend!

It has been 42 days since Sushant Singh Rajput left for his heavenly abode on the 14th of June, 2020. In this write-up, The Bollywood Elephant pays a heartfelt tribute to the late Sushant Singh Rajput. May he find semblance in his mother's arms up there. Sushant carved your own niche in the galaxy far away yet near. We hope that we could bring him back using quantum physics by igniting chemistry. His dreams and passion are embedded in our hearts and become an immortal source of motivation. His death makes me realize the uncertainty and fear of life. His uncertain exit from our galaxy was unsettling but opened a chapter about life consumed by depression. I recall how he always wanted to be an astronaut and in one of his interviews, he said, "Let's be an actor and let's be everything" with the same energy and gusto as a naive and a simple guy with Bollywood dreams! Thereafter, he unravelled his dreams through cinema and stuck to what he believed! When I first read a

Kalank Review: After Kalank, you will need a 'Palang' because 'Tabaah Ho Gaye'!

After so many delays, Dharma Productions magnum opus 'Kalank'  starring Aditya Roy Kapur, Sonakshi Sinha, Alia Bhatt, Varun Dhawan, Sanjay Dutt, Madhuri Dixit, Kunal Kemmu, Kiara Advani, Anchint Kaur etc. etc. It is scripted and directed by a 1-filmed old director Abhishek Varman.                                           What's Good:   Acting:  Credit is given where it is due. Acting performances are top notch. Aditya and Sonakshi are hands down the best! They are ably supported by the rest of the ensemble cast but these rightfully deserve every accolade. Costume and Set Design:  The costume and set design are absolutely spectacular and Bhansali level. Costumes are well depicted by Manish Malhotra. Music:  Surprisingly, Pritam's music is one of the better things of this magnum opus.                                          What's Bad:  Story:  The story has so many interesting sub-plots which are let down because the main/central plot on which the